Alfresco is happy to announce the availability of the second in our series: the AWS Quick Starts for Alfresco Process Services. This comes hot on the heels of a successful initial release of the AWS Quick Start for Alfresco Content Services. This new AWS Quick Start automatically deploys an Alfresco Process Services cluster on the AWS Cloud in about 25 minutes, making Alfresco the first ECM and BPM provider help accelerate your move to the cloud with the use of AWS Quick Starts.
AWS Quick Start reference architecture diagram for Alfresco Process Services.
Why should I use this Quick Start?
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments that use AWS CloudFormation templates to deploy key technologies on AWS, following AWS best practices.
The AWS Quick Start reference deployment for Alfresco Process Services was created by AWS in partnership with Alfresco, to integrate services from both companies. It is designed with your security and availability needs in mind. Here are some ways you can benefit from the AWS Quick Start for Alfresco Process Services:
- To deploy a highly-available and scalable Alfresco Process Services environment on the AWS Cloud with the least amount of effort and time (≅25 min using m4.large EC2 type)
- As a reference architecture for your Process Services implementations and proofs-of-concept (POC)
- As AWS and Alfresco technical guidance on best practices for your IT teams
- To speed up your deployments of Alfresco Process Services on the AWS Cloud. The Quick Starts are modular and customizable. You can choose to build from the ground up, or you can deploy the workload into an existing virtual private cloud (VPC)
Many organizations have successfully started their journey to the cloud using the AWS Quick Start for Alfresco Content Services.
What is included in this Quick Start?
The AWS Quick Start for Alfresco Process Services includes:
- A reference architecture of Alfresco Process Services on the AWS Cloud addressing the foundational scalability, high availability, and security requirements for production deployments.
- A deployment guide which provides IT infrastructure decision-makers and system administrators with technical guidance on how to configure, deploy and run an Alfresco Process Services server cluster on the AWS Cloud.
- The Alfresco Process Services CloudFormation template builds an Auto Scaling group with at least two process services instances. Each Process Services instance is based on the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) available on the AWS Marketplace. This Auto Scaling group connects to an Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) DB instance. The Alfresco Process Services template uses the resources created in the AWS CloudFormation master template—private and public subnets, virtual private clouds, and security groups—for privacy and protection.
Why Alfresco Process Services and AWS?
Alfresco Process Services is used by organizations to automate and orchestrate a wide set of business activities and services that deliver value to people.
Because Alfresco Process Services takes advantage of the powerful native AWS services like AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), to offer you a highly scalable solution with a modern architecture that naturally fits into the AWS ecosystem to drive your business automation workloads.
With Alfresco Process Services on AWS, you can also accomplish many things such as:
- starting a customer service process over voice using Amazon Echo and AWS Lambda (link to blog post),
- performing the business logic of your IoT devices using AWS IoT and AWS Lambda (link to presentation),
- building advanced analytics using AWS Elasticsearch and Kibana (link to blog post),
- Integrating with Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) to start new processes when new messages arrive in the queue (link to blog post),
- leveraging AWS DynamoDB, the NoSQL database, to manage your business data outside of the process (link to blog post),
- and many others.
Let’s get started!
To get started:
- Check out the reference architecture and details
- Read the deployment guide for step-by-step instructions
- Download the AWS CloudFormation templates that automate the deployment
- Launch the AWS Quick Start for Alfresco Process Services
Optional: if you don’t have a license to run Alfresco Process Services on AWS, you can request a 30-day trial license here. For additional assistance, you can watch our step-by-step walkthrough. Enjoy, and feel free to share your feedback with us!