The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Competitive CMS Products
The key features that Plumtree's Content Server is sold on are:
- Data-Entry Templates allow users to create their own Web pages by entering text and uploading images into templates developed by a Content Server administrator.
- Rich Text Editing allows users to create visually rich content without requiring knowledge of HTML or other Web development skills.
- Presentation Templates ensure branding consistency across the pages, communities and applications deployed through the portal.
- Workflow empowers business users to simplify common content-approval processes.
- Scheduled publishing and expiration allow users to schedule publishing for a future date and time, and automatically remove content from pages and the portalâ€™s search index.
- Desktop integration through WebDAV and WebEdit allows users to bulk-import content, manage files from their desktop and check out, edit, and check in content seamlessly.
- Library Services ensure that authors do not unintentionally duplicate or override one another's work
Their latest capabilities include:
- New rich text editor supports undo/redo, relative links, HTML formatting
- New portlet wizard creates content portlets from within communities
- New WebEdit feature allows Office document editing without downloading a local copy
- Improved WebDAV for bulk upload using Microsoft Windows Explorer
- Improved announcement and branding portlets
- Easy insertion of tables, images and portal tags
Publishing and Workflow
- New work list portlet to claim, transfer, delegate or assign workflow activities
- Improved workflow editor to manage publishing procedures
- Ability to expire published content from the portal, Knowledge Directory and search index
- Ability to schedule publishing and expiration for a specific date, daily or weekly
- Ability to apply workflow to any Content Server folder
- New Quicklinks feature for quick access to home and frequently used folders
- Multiple portlets supported per folder at any level of the content hierarchy
- Folder-level security and delegation
- New Portlet Template wizard
- Support for default values and long text entry
- Ability to customize online instructions for non-technical content contributors