The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Table of Contents
Mercury QuickTest Pro
How It Works
Mercury QuickTest Professionalâ„¢ allows even novice testers to be productive in minutes. You can create a test script by simply pressing a Record button and using an application to perform a typical business process. Each step in the business process is automated documented with a plain-English sentence and screen shot. Users can easily modify, remove, or rearrange test steps in the Keyword View.
QuickTest Professional can automatically introduce checkpoints to verify application properties and functionality, for example to validate output or check link validity. For each step in the Keyword View, there is an ActiveScreen showing exactly how the application under test looked at that step. You can also add several types of checkpoints for any object to verify that components behave as expected, simply by clicking on that object in the ActiveScreen.
You can then enter test data into the Data Table, an integrated spreadsheet with the full functionality of Excel, to manipulate data sets and create multiple test iterations, without programming, to expand test case coverage. Data can be typed in or imported from databases, spreadsheets, or text files.
Advanced testers can view and edit their test scripts in the Expert View, which reveals the underlying industry-standard VBScript that QuickTest Professional automatically generates. Any changes made in the Expert View are automatically synchronized with the Keyword View.
Once a tester has run a script, a TestFusion report displays all aspects of the test run: a high-level results overview, an expandable Tree View of the test script specifying exactly where application failures occurred, the test data used, application screen shots for every step that highlight any discrepancies, and detailed explanations of each checkpoint pass and failure. By combining TestFusion reports with Mercury TestDirector, you can share reports across an entire QA and development team.
QuickTest Professional also facilitates the update process. As an application under test changes, such as when a â€œLoginï¿½? button is renamed â€œSign In,ï¿½? you can make one update to the Shared Object Repository, and the update will propagate to all scripts that reference this object. You can publish test scripts to Mercury TestDirector, enabling other QA team members to reuse your test scripts, eliminating duplicative work.
QuickTest Professional supports functional testing of all popular environments, including Windows, Web, .Net, Visual Basic, ActiveX, Java, SAP, Siebel, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and terminal emulators.
Features & Benefits
- Ensures immediate return on investment through industry-leading ease of use and pre-configured environment support
- Operates stand-alone, or integrated into Mercury Business Process Testing and Mercury Quality Center
- Introduces next-generation â€œzero-configurationï¿½? Keyword Driven testing technology in QuickTest Professional 8.0 â€” allowing for fast test creation, easier maintenance, and more powerful data-driving capability
- Identifies objects with Unique Smart Object Recognition, even if they change from build to build, enabling reliable unattended script execution
- Handles unforeseen application events with Recovery Manager, facilitating 24x7 testing to meet test project deadlines
- Collapses test documentation and test creation to a single step with Auto-documentation technology
- Easily data-drives any object definition, method, checkpoint, and output value via the Integrated Data Table
- Provides a complete IDE environment for QA engineers
- Preserves your investments in Mercury WinRunner test scripts, by leveraging TSL assets from QuickTest Professional/WinRunner integration
- Rapidly isolates and diagnoses defects with TestFusion reports
- Enables thorough validation of applications through a full complement of checkpoints
What's New in QuickTest Professional 8.0?
- Keyword View: Lets you easily build and maintain tests without writing VBScripts.
- Auto-Documentation: Provides improved test clarity and the ability to view test steps in plain English.
- Step Generator: Allows you to quickly insert custom-built functions into your tests.
- Business Components: Allows you to build components used in Mercury Business Process Testing.
- Enhanced Expert View: Provides greater efficiency when generalizing test components.
- Action Parameters: Allows you to generalize testing actions for greater reusability.
- Custom Reports: Enables you to create custom reports for your unique needs.
- Unicode Support: Lets you test global deployments of your enterprise applications.