The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Preview Release 4
This release is still an evaluation release and is not fully functional or intended for production use.
Enhancements since Preview Release 3:
- Network drive location link from web client launches local file manager (requires extension for Firefox)
- Firefox extension to launch file:// links in desktop application
- Image transformations using ImageMagick integration
- Added FTP server to allow file access using standard FTP clients
- Better fail over and load balance support in the file server passthru authenticator
- New Acegi NTLM passthru authentication
- Improved performance for index merging (Preview Release 3 had these changes reversed out from Preview Release 2). AR-47
- Workaround for poor performance in long-running transactions due to missing table index
The graphics transformation as provided uses ImageMagick. In the Windows bundles, a static executable imconvert.exe is included and needs to be placed somewhere in the path (e.g. c:\windows). If you install ImageMagick separately, you will need to copy or rename the standard convert.exe to imconvert.exe - this is to avoid conflicts with the Windows convert command.
On Linux, you will need to install ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php) and add a symbolic link, for example:
ln -s /usr/bin/convert /usr/bin/imconvert