The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Alfresco Company Services
The Alfresco ECM suite is sophisticated and powerful. Implementing projects with Alfresco, whether document management; web content management or records management is a job for professionals.
The Alfresco Accreditation programme is an education and certification program which allows you to develop and demonstrate your competence in Alfresco technology through a range of courses and validated exams. Building your accreditation over time you will be able to enhance your value as your skills develop.
The accreditation path you choose will depend on your background, job role and goals. Whether you have advanced or minimal experience Alfresco has the training that will enable you to develop the hands-on, real-world skills you will need for your project role and the accreditation tests.
The Certification Program is due to launch in October 2011 and will be available through our certification partner PearsonVue.
Table of Contents
The available open-enrollment exam certifications will be:
- Alfresco Certified Engineer (ACE)
- Alfresco Certified Administrator (ACA)
Alfresco Certified Engineer
The exam is based upon the knowledge areas to support the job tasks required of an Alfresco developer to be able to successfully develop and deploy production Alfresco systems. Candidates are tested on their ability to:
- Understand the Alfresco architecture and Repository
- Understand, design and create content models and custom object types and aspects
- Package and deploy Alfresco extensions and modules
- Develop extensions for the Alfresco Explorer Web Client
- Develop applications and Services using the Alfresco APIs (Foundation Services, JCR, Web Services)
- Understand, define, customize and deploy Advance Workflows and Task Models
- Understand how workflows interact with content
- Connect to external applications using Web Services and protocols like SOAP & CMIS
Alfresco Certified Administrator
The exam is based upon the knowledge areas to support the job tasks required of a System Administrator to be able to successfully support production Alfresco systems. Candidates are tested on their ability to:
- Understand the Alfresco architecture
- Make informed decisions on how to install and configure an Alfresco system for production environments
- Monitor an Alfresco system and understand how to conduct preventative maintenance
- Understand how to manage content storage areas and indexes
- Troubleshoot and address problems that may arise when running Alfresco in a production environment
- Understand all aspects of security management, authentication and providing reliability through backup, recovery and clustering
Blueprints for the exams will be available shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why get certified?
Becoming an Alfresco Certified Engineer or Administrator will increase your technical credibility amongst your peers and enhance your value and your opportunities within the Alfresco marketplace. To keep in contact with your peers you will be automatically registered in the Alfresco Certified Professional group on Linked-In.
How much will it cost?
Each exam will cost $195 USD.
How to schedule an exam
Exams can be scheduled through PearsonVue exam centres.