The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Table of Contents
The Blog Integration module allows content stored within the Alfresco repository to be published to externally hosted Blogs. Currently support for Typepad and WordPress are included, but the module also provides a framework for other blog integrations to be added in the future.
Versions 2.1 and 2.2
Version 2.9 only
The Blog Integration functionality is already integrated into the Alfresco install, so you do not need to install it separately.
Adding Blog Details
In order to publish content to a blog, details of the destination blog must first be entered. Blog details are added to a space, any documents that reside beneath this space will be available to publish to this blog.
Adding blog details to a space can be can be accomplished by going to a spaces properties view and clicking on the 'Add Blog Details' action.
Once pressed the blog details properties will appear in the property sheet of the space. Select to edit the properties of the space in order to enter the details of your blog.
- Blog Type - select the blog implementation from the drop down list of supported blogs
- Blog Identifier - enter the id of your blog (NOTE: wordpress does not require this field so leave as '0')
- Blog Name - provide the name of your blog, this can be anything
- Blog Description - provide a brief description of your blog
- Blog URL - the URL to the blog
- Blog User Name - the blog admin user name
- Blog Password - the associated password
The blog details can be modified at anytime by editing the spaces properties in the usual way. Blog details can be removed by clicking on the 'Remove Blog Details' action link found on the space properties page.
Where more than one blog details is provided in a space hierarchy, the blog details 'nearest' to the document to be published are used. (ie: the blog details first found when walking up the space hierarchy from the document)
Posting A New Blog Entry
For html and txt documents that reside under a space which has some blog details set the 'Post To Blog' action link will be present on the Document Details page.
Clicking on the post blog action link will post that document to the relevant blog. The content of the document will form the content of the blog post and the title will form the title of the post. If no title has been set on the document the first 20 characters of the document content will be used as the title.
After the document has been successfully posted to the blog you will see that details of the post have been added to the document's meta-data.
- Blog Post Identifier - the id of the posted blog article
- Blog Post Link - link to the newly posted blog article
- Date Posted - the date on which the blog article was created
- Date Last Updated - the date on which the blog article was last updated
- Blog Published - indicates whether the blog article has been published or not
Clicking on the blog post link will open the newly created blog article in a new browser window.
Once the document has been posted to the blog the 'Update Blog Post' and 'Remove Blog Post' actions will be available from the document details view
Clicking on the update link will update the content and title of the exisiting blog post with the current content and title values. Clicking on the remove link will delete the related post from the blog and remove the associatied meta-data from the document.