The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
How to deploy Alfresco 2.1 to JBossPortal2.6.2 (JBoss4.2 bundled)
Note that also these instructions assume you have already created the 'alfresco' schema in MySQL and have set the appropriate database permissions, if not see the first few steps here: http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Deploying_WAR_JBoss
- You need an SVN client, then checkout the Alfresco HEAD code revision number 929 from our public SVN http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Alfresco_SVN_Development_Environment#Subversion_Repository_Access - this is the final community 2.1 release revision number. Note that you may prefer to checkout the most current revision, but there may have been other potentially (unstable) changes since then.
- Set an environment variable called JBOSS_HOME to point to the root of your JBossPortal2.6 installation.
- Build the Alfresco source using the command 'ant build-jboss' build target from inside the root directory. This creates a WAR which is basically the same as the usual TomCat WAR with the JSR-168 portal deployment files included in WEB-INF. Once complete the build target will have deployed the WAR to your JBossPortal installation and also copied over the MySQL driver.
- JbossPortal2.6.2 is bundled with JBoss4.2 - so follow these steps now: http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Install_On_Jboss_4.2.0
- Open the file jboss/server/default/deploy/alfresco.war with an archival tool and delete WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
- Edit the file jboss/bin/run.bat (or run.sh) and add the following flags to the JAVA_OPTS line:
- Edit the file jboss/server/default/conf/log4j.xml as per the instructions in steps 9-11 here: http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Deploying_WAR_JBoss
- Execute run.bat (or run.sh)
- The portal should start and deploy alfresco OK, wait for the portal to start completely.
- Navigate to the url: http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/default/Alfresco