The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Starting the Alfresco server
Once you have installed Alfresco and its required components, you can start Alfresco by running the Alfresco server.
To start the Alfresco server:
- (Windows) Browse to C:\Alfresco and double-click alf_start.bat. You can also click the Start menu, and select All Programs > Alfresco Enterprise > Start Alfresco Server.
- A DOS window opens, displaying a message indicating the server has started:
INFO: Server startup in nnnn ms
- (Linux) Browse to /opt/alfresco and run alfresco.sh start.
Stopping the Alfresco server
To stop the Alfresco server:
- (Windows) Browse to C:\Alfresco and double-click alf_stop.bat. You can also click the Start menu, and select All Programs > Alfresco Enterprise > Stop Alfresco Server.
- The DOS window that opened during the startup closes, and Alfresco stops.
- (Linux) Browse to /opt/alfresco and run alfresco.sh stop.
Starting the Alfresco web client
Once you have started the Alfresco server, you can start the Alfresco web client in a browser.
To start the web client:
- Browse to http://localhost:8080/alfresco.
- Login using admin as the default username and admin as the default password.