Return to Main Page for Alfresco Community 3.4.d
The Alfresco Community 3.4.d release includes language packs for French, German, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish. The language packs included with this version have been through an engineering QA cycle, but are still under linguistic testing.
Please note that the source localized files are encoded in ASCII and the special and accented characters are displayed using escape sequences.
The source files have been renamed using the corresponding locale for each language.
If components such as RM, WCM, etc. are installed with the language packs, strings coming from these components will appear in English because these components have not been localized for this version.
For download and installation instructions, refer to the Download and Install Alfresco page.
Changes to Alfresco binaries from 3.3.x
- MS-office add-ins are now packaged together as one zip file in alfresco-community-office-addins-3.4.d.zip. This zip file includes add-ins for MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- DoD AMPs alfresco-dod5015-share.amp and alfresco-dod5015.amp are now packaged in one AMP file alfresco-community-dod5015-3.4.d.zip.
- Alfresco-mmt.jar is now made part of alfresco-community-3.4.d.zip.
- Sample extensions are now made part of alfresco-community-3.4.d.zip. File alfresco-community-sample-extensions-3.3g.zip is not distributed any more.
- Alfresco installers replace Tomcat bundles and these are now removed from distribution.
- alfresco-community-AVM-3.4.d.zip contains alfresco-wcm-examples-version.zip and alfresco-community-wcm-version.zip
- alfresco-fdk.amp and alfresco-fdk.jar packaged as alfresco-community-fdk-3.4.d.zip.
- vti-module.amp replaced as alfresco-community-spp-3.4.d.zip
- alfresco-community-3.4.d.zip consists Share and Explorer war bundles including Sample extensions such as custom-repository.properties. This file also contains Module Management tool and JCR benchmarking tool.
This release has been tested on the following stack:
- DB: MySQL 5.1.39 and PostgreSQL 8.4.1
- App Server: Tomcat 6.0.18 and JBoss 5.1.0.GA
- JDK Version: 1.6 u20 x 64
- Server OS: RHEL5-64bit and Win2008-64bit
The Alfresco supplied Installers with install all you need to run Alfresco on your machine.
which includes Alfresco Explorer, Share, Web Quick Start, Web Project Management, Sharepoint module, Records Management module, Quickr connector
Note, latest patches are always recommended.
For this release, following schema changes are done,
- alf_prop_unique_ctx: Added column prop1_id
- Old-style audit tables are no longer used by code: alf_audit_config, alf_audit_date, alf_audit_fact, alf_audit_source
- Attribute tables are emptied of useful data and code has been removed.
- NodeArchiveService.restoreAllArchivedItems has been deprecated as is no longer used withing Alfresco.
User Interface Changes
- 'Restore All Items' in 'Deleted Items Dialog' has been removed.
- Share document download issue on Tomact with https(SSL) for Internet Explorer versions 7 & 8.on IE7 and IE8, you will get error message if you try to download a document from share in Tomcat with https(SSL) enabled.
To resolve this issue add following to Context element within file ..tomcat/conf/context.xml
<Valve className='org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SSLAuthenticator' securePagesWithPragma='false' />
- For a list all other known issues which are targeted for next community release please see Jira 3.4.d issues.