Table of Contents
Alfresco 4.0.a Community Release
The following note provides information on Alfresco Community 4.0.a release, which is the first community release for 4.0 version. This release will be followed by more 4.0 version community releases in coming months.
Being the first community release for 4.0, this has undergone limited testing and care should taken before upgrading any previous Alfresco Community version with this version.
For download and installation instructions, refer to the Download and Install Alfresco page.
- DB: MySQL 5.5 or PostgreSQL 9.0.2
- App Server: Tomcat 6.0.29
- JDK Version: 1.6 u20 x 64
The Alfresco supplied Installers will install all you need to run Alfresco on your machine, which includes Alfresco Explorer, Share, Web Quick Start, Sharepoint module.
Note, latest patches are always recommended.
Activiti engine has been embedded as an alternative to jBPM. jBPM engine has been turned off and jBPM workflows have been hidden by default. Please refer to admin guide to turn on jBPM engine and jBPM workflows.
- Table 'alf_acl_change_set': Transaction tracking added. 'version' column renamed to 'commit_time_ms'.
- Table 'alf_node': Locale in which node was last edited is recorded. 'locale_id' column added and foreign key referencing 'alf_locale.id'.
- Table 'alf_node_assoc': Peer associations are orderable. Added column 'assoc_index'.
- Problems have been noticed while connecting to Alfresco with the Sharepoint Protocol using Microsoft Office 2010
- Problems have recently been reported when publishing status updates to Facebook
- Support for SlideShare as a publishing channel type is available but commented-out by default, since it only supports uploads using HTTP. SlideShare is aware of this and is working on a solution, but in the meantime only use this if you fully understand the risks. Your SlideShare credentials will be sent 'in the clear'. To enable this publishing channel type import the Spring context file: 'classpath*:alfresco/slideshare-publishing-context.xml'
- Updates to categories via the Category Manager in the Admin Console may not appear immediately if Solr is the used as the search engine.
Please refer to Alfresco Jira system for other known issues. https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+ALF+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&runQuery=true&clear=true