Table of Contents
Alfresco 4.0.b Community Release
The following note provides information on Alfresco Community 4.0.b release, which is the second community release for 4.0 version. This release will be followed by more 4.0 version community releases in coming months.
Alfresco Community 4.0.b release has several bug fixes over the Community 4.0.a release. The most important ones are performance improvements in Alfresco, including in the area of iBatis, SOLR bugs, Web Quick Start, Facebook, and several upgrade-related issues.
Being only the second community release for 4.0, this has undergone limited testing and care should taken before upgrading any previous Alfresco Community version with this version.
For download and installation instructions, refer to the Download and Install Alfresco page.
- DB: MySQL 5.5 or PostgreSQL 9.0.2
- App Server: Tomcat 6.0.29
- JDK Version: 1.6 u20 x 64
The Alfresco supplied Installers will install all you need to run Alfresco on your machine, which includes Alfresco Explorer, Share, Web Quick Start, Sharepoint module.
Note, latest patches are always recommended.
Activiti engine has been embedded as an alternative to jBPM.
jBPM engine has been turned off and jBPM workflows have been hidden by default. Please refer to admin guide or 4.0 release page to turn on jBPM engine and jBPM workflows.
- Table 'alf_acl_change_set': Transaction tracking added. 'version' column renamed to 'commit_time_ms'.
- Table 'alf_node': Locale in which node was last edited is recorded. 'locale_id' column added and foreign key referencing 'alf_locale.id'.
- Table 'alf_node_assoc': Peer associations are orderable. Added column 'assoc_index'.
- Upgrades from a pre Alfresco 4.0 will not work correctly as the avmToAdmRemoteStore patch will not be run. The workaround is to upgrade first to 4.0.a or apply patch 'patch-ALF-11029-context.xml' by dropping patch file into <tomcat>/shared/classes/alfresco/extension BEFORE upgrade. The patch can found attached to Jira ticket ALF-11029. If you have already upgraded to 4.0.b then some of the user site preferences would have been reset.This issue has been fixed in nightly build, so a nightly build can also be used instead, please visit http://dev.alfresco.com/downloads/nightly/dist/ for latest nightly build.
- Problems have been noticed while connecting to Alfresco with the SharePoint Protocol using Microsoft Office 2010
- Support for SlideShare as a publishing channel type is available but commented-out by default, since it only supports uploads using HTTP. SlideShare is aware of this and is working on a solution, but in the meantime only use this if you fully understand the risks. Your SlideShare credentials will be sent 'in the clear'. To enable this publishing channel type import the Spring context file: 'classpath*:alfresco/slideshare-publishing-context.xml'
- Updates to categories via the Category Manager in the Admin Console may not appear immediately if Solr is the used as the search engine.
- Some PDF previews may appear blurred due to the default settings provided for the pdf2swf tool (see ALF-10870 for details). If you experience this issue try the workaround suggested in the issue and override the 'swf.encoder.params' property from alfresco/subsystems/thirdparty/default/swf-transform.properties in your alfresco-global.properties file.
- Activiti does not have the concept of start tasks, as a result when starting a workflow the initial start task is not shown in the 'My Completed Tasks' dashlet in the Explorer client, all other tasks in the workflow will be present. Please refer to ALF-10951 for details.
- The TAG field does not support wildcard, prefix, fuzzy queries etc. Wildcard searches matching tags will not return any matching results.
Please refer to Alfresco Jira system for other known issues. https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+ALF+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&runQuery=true&clear=true