Table of Contents
Alfresco 4.0.d Community Release
The following note provides information on Alfresco Community 4.0.d release, which is the third community release for 4.0 version. This release coincides with the Enterprise Release for Version 4.0.
Alfresco Community 4.0.d release has several bug fixes over the Community 4.0.c release. See the list of the issues fixed since 4.0c.
Being the fourth community release for 4.0, this has undergone some limited testing and care should taken before upgrading any previous Alfresco Community version with this version.
For download and installation instructions, refer to the Download and Install Alfresco page.
- DB: MySQL 5.5 or PostgreSQL 9.0.2
- App Server: Tomcat 6.0.29
- JDK Version: 1.6 u20 x 64
The Alfresco supplied Installers will install all you need to run Alfresco on your machine, which includes Alfresco Explorer, Share, Web Quick Start, Sharepoint module.
Note, latest patches are always recommended.
The Activiti engine has been embedded as an alternative to jBPM.
The jBPM engine has been turned off and jBPM workflows have been hidden by default. You can turn it back on if necessary.
For more detail, refer to
Managing workflow and Viewing the workflow engine properties in the Alfresco Documentation Online.
- Table 'alf_acl_change_set': Transaction tracking added. 'version' column renamed to 'commit_time_ms'.
- Table 'alf_node': Locale in which node was last edited is recorded. 'locale_id' column added and foreign key referencing 'alf_locale.id'.
- Table 'alf_node_assoc': Peer associations are orderable. Added column 'assoc_index'.
- Updates to categories via the Category Manager in the Admin Console may not appear immediately if Solr is the used as the search engine.
- Activiti does not have the concept of start tasks, as a result when starting a workflow the initial start task is not shown in the 'My Completed Tasks' dashlet in the Explorer client, all other tasks in the workflow will be present.
- The TAG field does not support wildcard, prefix, fuzzy queries etc. Wildcard searches matching tags will not return any matching results.
Please refer to Alfresco Jira system for other known issues. https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+ALF+AND+issuetype+%3D+Bug+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+10653+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC