The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Table of Contents
- 1 Alfresco Mobile
- 2 Android
- 3 iOS
Your tablet or smartphone is useless without access to the corporate content that you need to work with. Alfresco Mobile is a free mobile document management app for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, which enables you to view all your content stored in your Alfresco on-premise or Alfresco in the cloud account. View, open and edit documents in other apps, collaborate on content, initiate and complete workflow functions, assign and monitor tasks, and accomplish many other activities essential to mobile document sharing.
The Alfresco API allows developers to build custom applications for the enterprise - desktop, cloud or mobile - against the Alfresco in the cloud platform. The Alfresco Mobile SDK is an additional optional interface layer specifically for mobile app development and is available for both iOS and Android developers, and provides everything you need to build unique ECM mobile solutions.
- The Alfresco Mobile SDK provides the capability to connect to both on-premises servers and Alfresco cloud.
- The Client API provides a library allowing quick incorporation of access to Alfresco servers within mobile applications.
- We provide a sample app, an example of how the Client API can be used in a typical app integration.
- Tutorials and forum/wiki support available for first-time developments/integrations.
- Supports Alfresco Enterprise versions 3.4.x and above.
- iOS SDK requires iOS 5.1 and above to run, and Xcode 4.3.3 and above for building and running the sample app.
- Android SDK requires Android 4.0 and above to run.
In this page most relevant links redirect to those new wiki.
Few remaining wiki pages here are kept for history reasons (before Alfresco Mobile 1.5) and are marked as deprecated
Alfresco Mobile for Android
- Alfresco Mobile Source Code on Github - Fork Alfresco Mobile on Github !
- Alfresco Mobile for Android : User Guide - It's a quick guide to setting up Alfresco Mobile and using it’s key features.
- Advanced Setup Guide - Define how to configure the application for supporting certificates, self signed certificates and other advanced configuration.
- Alfresco Mobile for Android : Server Side Configuration - Define how to configure Alfresco Server to support Server Side Configuration [BETA]
- Alfresco Mobile for Android : Permissions - Explain which permissions the Android app use and what for
- Known problems with 3rd party application
- Android SDK Source Code on Github - Fork Alfresco Mobile SDK on Github !
- Android SDK : Cookbook - This page is the central page for examples for the Android SDK API.
- Extending Android SDK - This page explains how to simply extends Android SDK API
Android Development Overview
Historically this project used Maven as build system with Android Maven Plugin. At that time it was the best choice to build an Android application. Regarding the evolution of Android and Android tools we decided to switch to Gradle .
So starting from version 1.5 the Alfresco Android Application can be build only with Gradle and Android Studio.
Alfresco Mobile 1.5+
Android Dev Links
- Android Development Links - List of links to start developing with Android
Alfresco Mobile 1.0 to 1.4.1 (Deprecated)
- Android Development Tools
- Setup Eclipse Dev Environment - Outlines the steps required to setup a full development environment on Eclipse.
- Android Maven Repository - Describe steps to setup your Maven Repository
- Build from source code - Define how to build Alfresco Mobile Application.
- Alfresco Devcon Session (Youtube video + Slides) - This session will introduce and demonstrate the Alfresco Mobile SDK for Android. We will discuss all the APIs and UI components available in the SDK and through the implementation of a simple example show how the SDK can be used to rapidly build Alfresco based mobile applications.
- Alfresco Mobile Developer website - Develop in Alfresco. Get started now!