Purpose and Scope
Alfresco provides a variety of client applications which make it easy work with the content that is stored in the repository. Use cases that our client applications do not currently meet can potentially be addressed in a few ways:
- Customizing the open source clients (depending on the client),
- Implementing your own native application using the SDK's we provide,
- Building a client application using the Application Development Framework,
- Building a client application using Aikau (following the tutorial)
- Leveraging one of Alfresco's many standard protocols or APIs for access, such as WebDAV, FTP, or CMIS.
Each of Alfresco's dedicated client applications are treated as separate projects with their own lifecycles. There are also separate applications for managing BPM with Activiti.