DevCon 2018 FAQs

Document created by kgastaldo Employee on Sep 26, 2017Last modified by fcorti on Sep 28, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When is DevCon?

Jan 16 - 18, 2018

Where is DevCon being held?

We're hosting DevCon in Lisbon, Portugal at the Museu Fundação Oriente Conference Center. 

What's the schedule?

Jan 16 - Hackathon & Training

• Based on the success of last year's BeeCon, we decided to host the hackathon on Day Zero. We'll be working with the Order of the Bee to define the hackathon. More details will be added shortly.
  • Additionally, we plan to host 2 types of trainings on Tuesday. There will be a training for beginners, with an introduction to APS and ACS. We'll also host certification training for APSCE and ACSCE. These will come at an additional cost, but attendees will receive a voucher to take the certification exam upon completion of training.  

Jan 17 & 18 - Conference

• This will be a full two day conference, comprised of full sessions (30 min), extended sessions (45 min), lightning talks (5 min), birds of a feather sessions (30 min), and panels/keynotes (40 min - 1 hour).

Where can I buy tickets?

Tickets aren't on sale just yet. We'll announce as soon as they are! They will be €199 at the early bird rate.

I'd like to be a speaker. How do I submit a talk?

Our call for papers is open! You can submit your talk here. (PaperCall.io - Alfresco DevCon 2018 )

For details on the types of papers that are likely to be accepted, read through the call for papers or check out Francesco Corti's blog post. We're working with the Order of the Bee for paper evaluation and encourage you to check out former BeeCon sessions for ideas on the type of content we're looking for. 

What is a bird-of-a-feather session?

A Bird-of-a-Feather Session (BoF) is an unstructured and informal gathering of people with a similar interest. You provide the topic, and we will provide the time and place. We will list all the topics on the schedule so that people with similar interests can gather and discuss. The schedule only has room for a few of these sessions, so we will setup a method for submitting BoF topics and voting on them so that we can see which will have the broadest interest.

My company would like to sponsor. What options are available?

If you're interested in sponsoring the conference, reach out directly to Kristen Gastaldo (kristen.gastaldo@alfresco.com) for package details. 

4 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes