AnsweredAssumed Answered

jboss web-client deployment failing

Question asked by pud734 on Aug 19, 2005
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2005 by ednargocat
I apologize for sounding like a broken record as I have read the other forums and tried numerous configurations before posting this message.

Below is the current configuration (upgrades were done by completely uninstalling the previous versions and the re-installing):

Windows XP SP2
Java JDK 1.5.0_04 (upgraded from 1.4.2_07)
MySQL 4.1.13 (upgraded from 4.1.9) - installed at c:\MySQL

My JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the JDK installation.

extracted the installation to C:\alfresco

MySQL db_setup did not run out of the box, modified the db_setup to add root pw (i.e. -u root -pmypassword on all commands). Also ensured during MySQL install that "allow root remote access" was selected.

Is there anything else I may be overlooking that would cause this deployment to fail????

I posted the stack trace below (I didn't put the full stack trace since the same one is posted in other threads, please let me know if I should)

I also looked at the web.xml but didn't see anything out of the ordinary that would cause it to fail.

— Incompletely deployed packages —
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@531bad71 { url=file:/C:/alfresco/jboss/serve
r/default/deploy/web-client.war/ }
  deployer: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.Tomcat5@58e2a1
  status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/C:/alfresco/jboss/server/default/d
eploy/web-client.war/ deployment failed
  state: FAILED
  watch: file:/C:/alfresco/jboss/server/default/deploy/web-client.war/WEB-INF/web.xml
  altDD: null
  lastDeployed: 1124454838062
  lastModified: 1124399466074
  mbeans:

— MBeans waiting for other MBeans —
ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:id=1394322801,war=web-client.war
  State: FAILED
  Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/alfresco/jboss/
server/default/deploy/web-client.war/ deployment failed

— MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM —
ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:id=1394322801,war=web-client.war
  State: FAILED
  Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/alfresco/jboss/
server/default/deploy/web-client.war/ deployment failed

Outcomes