AnsweredAssumed Answered

CIFS and IIS

Question asked by mikeh Employee on Aug 19, 2005
Latest reply on May 15, 2008 by mikeh
Ok first off, I admit it's a bit of a mad configuration to try, but thought I'd give it a go anyway until some kind of "built-in" web publishing becomes available (or I can get FTP to work! :wink:)

I'm running Alfresco PR4 on WinXP Pro SP2 and IIS installed. I've got CIFS working through Explorer and all seems fine.

I created a Web Site in IIS and pointed it at \\servername_a\Alfresco, using my domain username in the "Connect As" settings. IIS Directory Security is set to Anonymous, using the standard IUSR_servername user (I've tried various options here, including basic and integrated authentication).

As far as the MMC snap-in is concerned, everything is working fine - I can see "Alfresco Tutorial", "Glossary" and my "Internet" folder, which contains a single "default.htm" file.

From a web browser, it's almost there… as browsing to http://localhost/ shows the three folders. But, trying to navigate into any of the folders throws a 404 error.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the way IIS accesses the filesystem, although I would have thought it would be quite standard when using a network share.

As I said at the beginning, it's a bit of a mad configuration, but would be interesting to know if you guys can get it working. (I'm trying to do the same thing with Tomcat just to see if that works, but I'm having to get up-to-speed with it first…)

Cheers,
Mike

Outcomes