AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migration from existing commerical CMS to Alfresco

Question asked by jharvey on Nov 9, 2005
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2005 by jharvey
Hi all,

I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place for this posting - let me know and i'll move it!

I work for an IT and Business solutions company that is evaluating the possibility of migrating a client from an existing commerical CMS (that has been in place for 2 years) to Alfresco. I have a limited amount of time to do a product evaluation (and POC) and would appreciate some help in answering a few specific questions regarding it:

- Content types
I assume that by this thread title (content aspects) it is possible to create user-defined content types. However, it is possible to create templates for these content types. For example, say I'm a letting agency, could I define a content type called 'House' and put a constraint on a 'House' that it must have at least one 'Bedroom' type?
Also, can I configure the UI so that users entering information for the house only have to enter data into fields? (The frontend CDA will deal with presentation).

- Workflows
I have briefly looked into defining custom triggers for content rules. However, the most important one that I am interested in is the ability to define a forward date for publishing content (or an expiry date for content). Does this functionality come "out-of-the-box" or can it be custom written?

- Languages
Is there a plugin available to transform content from one language to another? The client has a number of different language websites that are running from a single CMS currently.

EDIT: Found this already!
- User permissions
Is it possible to create ACLs for operations? <SNIP>

- Spell checking
One of the overlooked functions in a number of existing CMSs is the ability to spell-check content. Is there a connector for any 3rd party spell-checkers available?

Thanks so much for your time, even if you can answer even 1 of these questions.

Best regards,

Outcomes