AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does permission to view version history need to be granted?

Question asked by kstevenson on Dec 27, 2005
Latest reply on Dec 30, 2005 by kstevenson
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing part of setup/configuration.

I am running version 1.1.2. My Company Home has Guest access for everybody and Full rights for the admin. The lower level folders have additional space users with varying rights, depending on the subject of the folder.

In one folder, my user for normal day to day operation has the contributor role assigned AND is the creator/owner of a document. When I am logged in as that user and try to view the version history of the document, I receive a system error (please see at the end of this message) that I don't have access. When I am logged in as admin, I can view the version history just fine.

Is the permission to view the version history something special I need to assign to users? If yes, where would I define that everybody who can view the details has also access to view history?

IF this is a bug, please let me know so I can file it properly.

Thanks a bunch,

– Karin Stevenson

SYSTEM ERROR:

javax.faces.FacesException: Cannot get value for expression '#{DocumentDetailsBean.versionHistory}'

caused by:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot get value for expression '#{DocumentDetailsBean.versionHistory}'

caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression '#{DocumentDetailsBean.versionHistory}'

caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.alfresco.web.bean.DocumentDetailsBean

caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Bean: org.alfresco.web.bean.DocumentDetailsBean, property: versionHistory

caused by:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

caused by:
org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: Access Denied. You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.

caused by:
net.sf.acegisecurity.AccessDeniedException: Access is denied.

Outcomes