AnsweredAssumed Answered

Authentification with Active Directory and Linux

Question asked by simon on Jan 9, 2006
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2006 by simon
Hi all,

We're installing a new Alfresco Enterprise Network  v1.1.2 system on a Linux server and our employees are stored in a Windows Active Directory 2003 LDAP. What's the best way to use the Active Directory authentification with our Linux Alfresco system?

I tried to activate NTLM following the steps in the Configuring NTLM WIKI documentation.

But I ran into some problems:

1. After changing the application-context.xml file I found this in the log:
Error creating bean with name 'descriptorComponent' defined in class path resource [alfresco/application-context.xml]: Can't resolve reference to bean 'systemBootstrap' while setting property 'systemBootstrap';

2. Changing the db.url parameter (as seen in the orther post) in the repository.properties solved this but gave me a new error:
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/alfresco]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.alfresco.web.app.ContextListener
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Failed to initialise [more here …]
Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: (HibernateTransactionManager): encountered SQLException [Data truncation: Out of range value adjusted for column 'allowed' at row 1]; nested exception is java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Data truncation: Out of range value adjusted for column 'allowed' at row 1 at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:99) at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:257) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.convertJdbcAccessException(HibernateTransactionManager.java:600) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doCommit(HibernateTransactionManager.java:496) at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:401) at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.doCommitTransactionAfterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:260) at org.alfresco.util.transaction.SpringAwareUserTransaction.commit(SpringAwareUserTransaction.java:376) at org.alfresco.web.app.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:184)

So… is it possible to use the NTLM authentification when Alfresco is installed on Linux and, secondly, where do I find a solution for these errors?

Thanks for the help!

Outcomes