AnsweredAssumed Answered

LDAP implementation on Alfresco 1.1.2 and Linux

Question asked by simon on Jan 10, 2006
Latest reply on Jan 19, 2006 by simon
Hi,

We would like to enable LDAP support on our Alfresco Enterprise Network v1.1.2 system (Linux) but I would like to check some things first. I started from this document in the WIKI where I found a Java example on how to implement LDAP support.

Changing the configuration in the authentication-services-context.xml file and restarting the Alfresco server gave me the following error in the alfresco.log file:

749 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'authenticationComponentImpl' defined in class path resource [alfresco/authentication-services-context.xml]: Bean class [org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.LDAPAuthenticationComponentImpl] not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.LDAPAuthenticationComponentImpl
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.LDAPAuthenticationComponentImpl …

This means that I have to adjust the Java example with our settings (which would make sense), compile the Java class and add it in some JAR or WAR archive.

First of all I don’t really understand why this Java class isn’t precompiled by Alfresco with an extra XML file where I just have to change the parameters, why would I put this parameters (LDAP host, connection string,…) hard coded in the system? Or is this a like a preview of some functionallity Alfresco is working on?

Second question: where do I add this class? Somewhere in the “…/lib/enterprise.jar” or “…/lib/repository.jar” archives (that's where I found some links to the org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication package)?

Outcomes