AnsweredAssumed Answered

View in CIFS / View in Webdav

Question asked by omegerard on Jan 17, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2007 by gavinc
Short report of my tests with "View in CIFS" / "View in Webdav". Questions:

- has anybod seen sa similar behaviour?
- are (some of) these errors due to configuration faults?
- or is it someting else?

Alfresco server: enterprise 1.1.2
NTLM Authentication on (but similar results with NTLM off)
Testing "View in Webdav" / "View in CIFS" on W2K/WXP

A. Webbrowser:  Firefox

1. "View in Webdav": Error

12:33:37,498 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/alfresco].[WebDAV]] Servlet.service() for servlet WebDAV threw exceptio
n
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.alfresco.repo.webdav.auth.NTLMAuthenticationFilter.?(Unknown Source)
        at org.alfresco.repo.webdav.auth.NTLMAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2. View in CIFS

If I simply click on the link ("View in CIFS") nothing happens. If I "copy the link location" and paste that link in a new Tab/Window, then it works as expected.

B. Web browser: IE

1. View in Webdav

The document opens, but in Read-Only mode. Trying the "Saving As", I learn that the system places the document in the top node of the C: drive tree, instead of the webdav location. I don't know why. In the top Word bar I spot "alfresco/webdav/path/to/document".

2. View in CIFS

Works as expected.

Outcomes