AnsweredAssumed Answered

CIFS and WebDAV Problems with Mac OS X 10.4.3

Question asked by alex on Jan 22, 2006
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2006 by alex
Hello,

I installed Alfresco on my MacOS X Tiger machine and the server works very well, but I have problems when using the OS X Finder to connect to the CIFS server.

I can connect fine and everything works well until I want to access a Share that contains more than nine sub-shares. As soon as I open a share with more than 9 sub-shares I get disconnected from the CIFS server with the following log entry:

16:27:55,163 ERROR [org.alfresco.smb.protocol] Closing session due to exception
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.repo.ContentSearchContext.restartAt(ContentSearchContext.java:152)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procTrans2FindFirst(NTProtocolHandler.java:3484)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.processTransactionBuffer(NTProtocolHandler.java:1987)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procTransact2(NTProtocolHandler.java:1824)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.runProtocol(NTProtocolHandler.java:226)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.runHandler(SMBSrvSession.java:1657)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.run(SMBSrvSession.java:1554)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

(This is with the default sessionDebug flags line from the file-servers.xml uncommented and debug enabled in the log4j.properties - there are no debug messages for this operation. Which other sessionDebug flags can I add to get more detail?)

If I am using the Samba smbclient command-line utility that comes with OS X I do not encounter such problems.

Another problem is WebDAV using the WebDAV client built into Finder: It simply doesn't work. If I say "Connect to server…" and enter "http://localhost:8080/alfresco/webdav" as URL and hit the Connect button the "Connecting…" window pops up for a second or two and then silently disappears - no trace in the Alfresco log, no error message, nothing. This does not seem a problem of my configuration, btw, because exactly the same thing happens when I try to connect to the official Alfresco demo installation.

Outcomes