AnsweredAssumed Answered

Axis throwing an exception with 1.1.2, unclear why

Question asked by rsfeir on Feb 1, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2006 by rsfeir
Ok so I read the API, looked at the examples, and very little of my code had to change to adapt to 1.1.2, however the part of the code that didn't change is simply throwing an exception and I'm not understanding why it would, mainly because AXIS is so great with exception reporting.  Can anyone tell me if you've seen this, and what the problem might be?  The code throwing this exception is this:

public static RepositoryServiceSoapBindingStub getRepositoryWebService() throws ServiceException
    {
        // Create the respository service, adding the WS security header information
        EngineConfiguration config = new FileProvider(new ByteArrayInputStream(AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.WS_SECURITY_INFO.getBytes()));
        RepositoryServiceLocator repositoryServiceLocator = new RepositoryServiceLocator(config);
        return (RepositoryServiceSoapBindingStub)repositoryServiceLocator.getRepositoryService();
    }

pulled directly from web service sample 1, with a slight change to the class name I use.  This used to work fine in 1.0.

The Exception is:

Feb 1, 2006 4:53:36 PM org.apache.axis.InternalException <init>
SEVERE: Exception:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=1: Element type "parameter" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=1: Element type "parameter" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
   at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils$ParserErrorHandler.fatalError(XMLUtils.java:723)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:218)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:386)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1438)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:218)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1693)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:834)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:250)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:292)
   at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:369)
   at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:388)
   at org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java:179)
   at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:172)
   at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:156)
   at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.<init>(AxisClient.java:52)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
   at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:144)
   at org.alfresco.www.ws.service.repository.RepositoryServiceLocator.<init>(RepositoryServiceLocator.java:21)
   at gov.nih.niaid.eric.AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.getRepositoryWebService(AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.java:167)
   at gov.nih.niaid.eric.AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.getTicket(AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.java:92)
   at gov.nih.niaid.eric.AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.getContentLocation(AlfrescoRepositoryHelper.java:72)
   at system.gov.nih.niaid.eric.WSCallbackTest.testContentLocation(WSCallbackTest.java:16)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
   at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
   at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
   at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
   at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
   at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
   at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
   at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
   at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)
   at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.IdeaJUnitAgent.doRun(IdeaJUnitAgent.java:58)
   at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:172)
   at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.TextTestRunner2.startRunnerWithArgs(TextTestRunner2.java:23)
   at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:98)
   at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:32)

As usual your help is amazingly appreciated, and has been top notch all the way, I hope I don't wear out my welcome :)

R

Outcomes