AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ant: Incremental Build Target for Alfresco

Question asked by lnagra on Mar 9, 2006
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2006 by gavinc
Hi,

This question is aimed finding how to make the code, compile, deploy and test cycle quicker.

Often, I only change portions of .jsp files.
To test these, I use the build-tomcat task in the build.xml.

This takes some time to run as it blows away the existing web app and build the new version from scratch. When making small, incremental changes, this cycle can become time consuming. I would like to reduce this.

I have tried to run the incremental-tomcat task as I thought this would achieve this. But I recieved an error in my catalina.log as follows. Can anyone help with this error?

[size=9]
09-Mar-2006 16:37:52 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor processChildren
SEVERE: Exception invoking periodic operation:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:883)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkResources(HostConfig.java:984)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1178)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:292)
   at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1304)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1568)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1577)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1557)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)[/size]

OR:

I imagine that a task to simply 'hot deploy' changed (or all) .jsp's, i.e. copy changed .jsp's directly to tomcat/webapps/alfresco would significantly reduce the time to test a .jsp change.

Is this possible and how can I go about creating such a task?

Thanks in advance,

Lakhdip

Outcomes