AnsweredAssumed Answered

Brand New Installation issues....

Question asked by billk on Mar 23, 2006
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2006 by gavinc
Server:
CentOS 4.2
Kernel 2.6.9-34.EL

I can't seem to get the web application to come up cleanly.  I verified that the alfresco user exists in the db, and the alfresco database exists as well.  What would be causing this?

UPDATE: I read back through the install guide.  I have mysql installed from the CentOS installation media and then upgraded to:
mysql-server-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1

instead of installing from the mysql.com site using the Max DB.  I didn't see a MaxDB rpm choice, so I just took the server version from their site.  But when I try to install it tells me that there is a conflict with the package:
mysql-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1

Not sure if that is related or not.

INFO: Deploying web application archive alfresco.war
09:28:05,217 ERROR [hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'alfresco'@'localhost.localdomain' (using password: YES))
09:28:08,941 ERROR [hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'alfresco'@'localhost.localdomain' (using password: YES))
09:28:08,945 ERROR [tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate] could not get database metadata
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'alfresco'@'localhost.localdomain' (using password: YES))
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:855)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540)
        at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:80)

Outcomes