AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't stop Alfresco properly

Question asked by simon on May 18, 2006
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2006 by simon
Hi,

We installed Alfresco 1.2.1 on a RHEL 4 with the Java JRE and JDK 1.5.0_06. Alfresco starts and runs properly, no problems there and when I stop Tomcat with "./alfresco.sh stop" the server goes down like it should.

Problem is that the Java process keeps running. I get this in my process list (even if I ran the stop command):

root      3176     1  0 May17 ?        00:09:14 /usr/java/jre1.5.0_06/bin/java -Xms128m -Xmx640m -server -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/logging.properties -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/common/endorsed -classpath :/opt/alfresco/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/alfresco/tomcat/bin/commons-logging-api.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/alfresco/tomcat -Dcatalina.home=/opt/alfresco/tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/alfresco/tomcat/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

If I try the stop command again I get the "server not running" message and if I run the start command a new process is created and Alfresco will start (this process also keeps running when I try to shut it down). We don't have this problem on a RHEL 3 server with Alfresco 1.2, any idea's?

Outcomes