AnsweredAssumed Answered

Active Directory Integration Quirks

Question asked by dushyanth.h on May 30, 2006
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2006 by steel
Hey all,

Finally, I have the two last issues with integrating alfresco with active directory.

I have authentication via LDAP setup using JAAS as mentioned in the WIKI [http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Enterprise_Security_and_Authentication_Configuration].
This works fine.

Problems :

1) I have LDAP User & Group Synchronisation setup with Active directory and both are working fine. However, when I check out the groups that have been synced in alfresco there seem to be no users under them. The users & groups are synced properly and there are no errrors in the logs. Its only that from the administrative console iam not able to see what users belong to a group. I have also applied the fix mentioned in one of the topics which doesnt sync empty groups from the AD.

<property name="groupQuery">
      <value><![CDATA[(&(objectclass=group) (member=*))]]></value>
</property>

2) CIFS does'nt work.

I have tried all authentication methods listed in http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/CIFS_Server_Authentication. For all of them, I get the same error.

23:49:21,502 ERROR [alfresco.smb.protocol] File server configuration error, Wrong authentication setup for alfresco authenticator
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Wrong authentication setup for alfresco authenticator
        at org.alfresco.filesys.server.config.ServerConfiguration.processSecurityConfig(ServerConfiguration.java:1570)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.server.config.ServerConfiguration.init(ServerConfiguration.java:492)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.server.config.ServerConfiguration.onApplicationEvent(ServerConfiguration.java:423)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:45)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:225)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:323)
        at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:134)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3692)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4127)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:804)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:693)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1118)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1020)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1012)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:680)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:536)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

The other posts in the forums abt this error dont tell me what to do exactly.

Shuld i be using NTLM passthru auth with both Alfresco and CIFS ? If I do this will the LDAP user and group sync work ?

Please advice

Dushyanth

Outcomes