AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export tools credentials

Question asked by rguinot Employee on Sep 15, 2006
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2006 by rguinot
Hi i am trying to use the export tools to do a full backup of the repository .

Alfresco  is deployed into JBoss 4.0.4GA , with Jboss Portal 2.2.1 . I am accessing the portal by https through Apache /ModJK .
The server is using Sun JDK 1.5.0_07 and is a Fedora Core 5 .
Authentification is done via our OpenLDAP server , and works fine with the web client .

I have a shell script to add all the jars from WEB-INF/lib , the properties and xml files in WEB-INF/classes ,  the mysql connector and Log4J .
The conf/alfresco/extension/*.properties files defining custom data location and db access are also in the classpath .

The resulting java command is :
 java -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH org.alfresco.tools.Export -user *** -pwd *** -s workspace://SpacesStore -d /tmp -zip repo 

I get the following error :

Alfresco Repository Exporter
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
The following error has occurred:
Bad credentials presented
org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationException: Bad credentials presented

I assume the exporter does not find the repository , but other than providing the properties to the classpath , i don't see how else i can define the repo location .
I have looked at the various guides on this matter , but they don't mention this error , and are not mentionning other auth mechanisms beside the alfresco one .
How can i make this work ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , because i really need this functionnality .

On a side note , are incremental backups supported , and are those tools the best way to backup the repository ?

Thanks in advance ,
Romain .

Outcomes