AnsweredAssumed Answered

setting up 'standard' cms-like configurations

Question asked by qali on Oct 23, 2006
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2006 by harrymoore
Hi,
   I've just started looking at Alfresco (WCM Preview) and I have 2 questions:
1. Are there any performance metrics as to how/when to implement the different levels/types of configurations described in High Availability Configuration (http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/High_Availability_Configuration)? I understand that there will be no cut-and-dry answer (i.e. if you have >nnn users, you should cluster your servers), but I'm sure there are guidelines that your team follows (even internally) when thinking about deployments for clients. Is it possible to mention or show some of those here? My question is mainly about pros/cons of in-process replication vs. asynchronous (min. hardware requirements to do one or the other) and cluster vs. backup strategies. 

2. With the new WCM features, and going to a more "CMS-like" deployment structure (i.e. Dev, Staging, Production/Live) what changes (if any) should be made to the High Availability Configuration documentation? Will there be a separation of the "working" repository vs. live repository, or is it just a matter of deploying the "live" services to only look at/read the live repository nodes? I'm used to working with more conventional CMSes, so this question may not be pertinent to Alfresco.

Outcomes