AnsweredAssumed Answered

HOWTO: Reconfigure for a port other than 8080

Question asked by rafo on Nov 10, 2006
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2007 by alexgrimmy
I need to run Alfresco on a server where port 8080 is already being used by another service. I looked around in the Installation Guide, the System Administration Guide, the wiki and the forum, but I didn't find any detailed description of how to do this. So, I will put my findings into this thread to start with; please make comments and additions as needed (for example, the JBoss case will look different?). Eventually this kind of info should go into the Guides, IMHO.

My environment: Linux, 2.6 kernel, Alfresco 1.4.0 running on Tomcat only. $ALF_HOME denotes the directory where the Alfresco control scripts reside.

To change the configured 8080 port, do the following:

1. Stop Alfresco:

cd $ALF_HOME
./alf_stop.sh
pgrep java
The `pgrep java' command should not report any java process related to Alfresco Tomcat; if it does then kill it manually.

2. Edit the port setting in $ALF_HOME/tomcat/conf/server.xml and $ALF_HOME/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/file-servers-custom.xml. The port value occurs twice in file-servers-custom.xml.

3. Edit the alfresco.war:

cd $ALF_HOME/tomcat/webapps
rm -rf alfresco
mkdir zap
cd zap
export PATH=../../../java/bin:$PATH
jar xf ../alfresco.war
[ edit the port settings in WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/file-servers.xml and WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/extension/file-servers-custom.xml ]
jar cf ../alfresco.war *
cd ..
rm -r zap
4. Start Alfresco:

cd $ALF_HOME
./alf_start.sh

Outcomes