AnsweredAssumed Answered

First Foundation Client - Bad Credentials

Question asked by sturner on Nov 14, 2006
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2006 by sturner
I'm struggling with the First Foundation Client sample in the SDK. I've installed the WCM preview release ona  Win XP machine. The error I get is 'bad credentials presented', and the line of code that trips this error is:

authenticationService.authenticate("admin", "adminpassword".toCharArray());

Here's the exception:

- Alfresco started (Community Network): Current version 1.4.0 (build-105) schema 21 - Installed version 1.4.0 (Preview @build-number@) schema 21
Exception in thread "main" org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationException: Bad credentials presented
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationComponentImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationComponentImpl.java:69)
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationServiceImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationServiceImpl.java:104)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:335)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:181)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:148)
   at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:116)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:80)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:41)
   at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.auditImpl(AuditComponentImpl.java:210)
   at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.audit(AuditComponentImpl.java:156)
   at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:61)
   at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
   at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:176)
   at $Proxy21.authenticate(Unknown Source)
   at org.alfresco.sample.FirstFoundationClient.doExample(FirstFoundationClient.java:87)
   at org.alfresco.sample.FirstFoundationClient$1.doWork(FirstFoundationClient.java:72)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.TransactionUtil.executeInTransaction(TransactionUtil.java:168)
   at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.TransactionUtil.executeInUserTransaction(TransactionUtil.java:74)
   at org.alfresco.sample.FirstFoundationClient.main(FirstFoundationClient.java:76)
Caused by: net.sf.acegisecurity.BadCredentialsException: Bad credentials presented
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(DaoAuthenticationProvider.java:290)
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:159)
   at net.sf.acegisecurity.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:49)
   at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationComponentImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationComponentImpl.java:63)
   … 27 more

I've seen answers to similar questions that point to a misconfiguration of dir.root in the repository-properties file. However, it's not clear exactly what to specify.

Firstly, I have two files in the alfresco/extension directory in the project's source code:

custom-repository.properties
custom-repository-context.xml

Are these the correct file names?

Then, the properties file has the dir.root specification. Given that my alfresco is installed into C:\alfresco-wcm, what is the correct spec for dir.root? I've tried:

dir.root=c:/alfresco-wcm/alf_data
dir.root=c:\alfresco-wcm\alf_data
dir.root=c:\\alfresco-wcm\\alf_data

Same result (bad credentials) each time. I've verified that I can log in to Alfresco through the web interface (port 8080) using admin/adminpassword

Thanks for any assistance,
Steve Turner.

Outcomes