AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cache Always Misses on parentAssoc

Question asked by jgreen on Nov 14, 2006
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2006 by derek
I have a fairly small box to run a test deploy of Alfresco on and I've been watching the cache hits to see if the cache is getting used.  I've seen a lot of cache misses on the parent<->child associations, and nothing seems to be getting loaded into the cache.

===>  org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs
      Hit Count:                   27699 hits        |         Miss Count:         19315 misses
      Deep Size:                    0.00 MB          |         Current Count:          0 entries
      Percentage used:              0.00 percent     |         Max Count:          10000 entries
      Estimated maximum size:        NaN MB

And I have a lot of these error messages posted (which must be related)

16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7015
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7016
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.ChildAssocImpl#7045
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7016
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7017
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.ChildAssocImpl#7046
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7017
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7018
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.ChildAssocImpl#7047
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7018
16:38:07,531 WARN  [hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache] An item was expired by the cache while it was locked (increase your cache timeout): org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs#7019

I checked the cache config, for these associations:

<!–  approx 10MB memory required 
  –>
  <cache name="org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.NodeImpl.parentAssocs" maxElementsInMemory="10000" eternal="true" overflowToDisk="false" />
<!–  approx 250MB memory required
  –>
  <cache name="org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.ChildAssocImpl" maxElementsInMemory="200000" eternal="true" overflowToDisk="false" />

There is almost nothing in ehcache-transactional, so I'll list it here, pretty sure it's not involved.

<ehcache>
  <diskStore path="java.io.tmpdir" />
  <defaultCache maxElementsInMemory="5000" eternal="true" timeToIdleSeconds="0" timeToLiveSeconds="0" overflowToDisk="false" />
  </ehcache>

I'm currently running 1.4 Community on Tomcat/ Win 2003  :cry:.

Outcomes