AnsweredAssumed Answered

PassthruAuthenticator Null Pointer

Question asked by mliedtke on Apr 1, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 by cariou
Over the last few weeks I set up a trial version of Alfresco Enterprise 2.1.1, and had CIFS configured and working properly (Actually working really well).  As it turns out it's doubtful that we'll get the needed funding for enterprise, so today I've been setting up Community 2.1.  So far I've been able to set it up using our custom config from the Enterprise trial, but I'm having an issue with CIFS.  When I attempt to access a CIFS folder, i get the following error.

14:50:25,489 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:50:25,486 ERROR [alfresco.smb.protocol] Socket closed by remote client
14:50:25,678 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:50:25,676 ERROR [alfresco.smb.protocol] Closing session due to exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.alfresco.filesys.server.auth.passthru.PassthruAuthenticator.doNtlmsspSessionSetup(PassthruAuthenticator.java:821)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.server.auth.passthru.PassthruAuthenticator.processSessionSetup(PassthruAuthenticator.java:581)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.procSessionSetup(NTProtocolHandler.java:407)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.NTProtocolHandler.runProtocol(NTProtocolHandler.java:221)
        at org.alfresco.filesys.smb.server.SMBSrvSession.run(SMBSrvSession.java:1352)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I found this issue that looks kind of similar, but not exactly the same (http://issues.alfresco.com/browse/AR-1475)

Any ideas?

thanks,
Mark

Outcomes