AnsweredAssumed Answered

Requirement specs for Alfresco installation & config

Question asked by snap on Apr 2, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2008 by snap
Hello,

My company is about to start the process of purchasing an Alfresco licence. However, whilst evaluating Alfresco, we've realized that we are going to need to configure it a fair bit before we can really start using it. As we do not have the human resources necessary for this, we will probably contract the personalization out to the Alfresco partner. I would like to make headway with the analysis of what exactly we would need.

I'd like to know what an Alfresco partner would typically look for in a requirement specification. Should we just highlight our business needs in general or should I try to translate our business needs into more detail? (I personally prefer to do the latter, else we might end up wasting a lot of the consultant's time trying to figure out what questions to ask) Should I for instance prepare the following:
- analyze the way each department works with documents in order to define the custom content type, along with its metadata?
- specify the steps required in all the workflows we want to implement?
- define groups and roles
- define new tasks that aren't currently available in alfresco?
- define how I want users to access the data (in order to develop webscripts etc.)

I suppose a lot of the users on this forum are devlopers and partners. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Outcomes