AnsweredAssumed Answered

LDAP authentication config changed from 1.4 to HEAD?

Question asked by brunom on Jan 15, 2007
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2007 by mdbhokie
Hello,

I am trying to get Alfresco HEAD compiled and working since we were having some problems importing masses of content from our current NFS share into Alfresco (tried LDAP, CIFS and FTP, all had one problem or another).

With Alfresco-HEAD (no LDAP authentication), I could copy all the content much much faster with WebDAV that I had been able to do before so I got tempted to look into deploying this one.

However, using an "out of box" compile of Alfresco HEAD (even today's Rev # 326), when I enable LDAP authentication (with the same config file I used for Alfresco 1.4), I get:

[…]
Caused by: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Not implemented
at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.DefaultMutableAuthenticationDao.loadUserByUsername(DefaultMutableAuthenticationDao.java:402)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider.getUserFromBackend(DaoAuthenticationProvider.java:390)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(DaoAuthenticationProvider.java:225)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:159)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:49)
[…]

which leads me to believe that either:
a) the configuration for LDAP authentication has changed between v1.4 and SVN HEAD
b) I've missed something as the LDAP import seems to work (from the Exporter logs)

Can anyone point me to the right docs (if any)?

Thank you in advance.

Outcomes