AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't login after upgrade - due to invalid Home Space?

Question asked by curious_george on Apr 24, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2008 by vvm
Hello - again. I'm upgrading Alfresco 1.4 to 2.1, on Linux, connecting to an Oracle 11G database. Authentication happens against LDAP. After the upgrade, I tried logging in as myself, but received an error. I later realized that on this environment, someone deleted the User Homes folder. So I logged in as the admin (default home space is the Company Home), and imported another server's User Homes to recreate it and attempt to remedy the issue.

Now other users can login. However, I still cannot login with my account. If I attempt to login, I get the following error message:
javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id loginForm:submit
caused by:
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception while invoking expression #{LoginBean.login}
caused by:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: nodeRef is a mandatory parameter
(The details of this error are at the end)

When I login as "admin" and inspect the users, I see that my problematic user account does not have a Home Space - it's blank. All the other accounts have Home Spaces. I assume this may be why I cannot login. Unfortunately, I cannot modify my user account - attempting to do so gives me a "nodeRef is a manadatory parameter" error. I can't delete it either - I get a "Failed to delete User due to error: Not implemented" error.

My questions are these:

How can I fix this situation so that I can login? Worst case scenario is running the upgrade again, and importing the User Homes space before I login, but I would like to avoid this. I'm not sure if it will work either.

Also, how can I change the Home Space of this user? Since I can't do it through the web app, I think it would have to happen directly in the database tables - any suggestions? I looked through the tables but didn't see where the Home Space is specified. Yes, I know this is risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to try.

Finally, here are the details of the error message I get when logging in:
javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id loginForm:submit
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:72)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:109)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:97)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:171)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationExecutor.execute(InvokeApplicationExecutor.java:32)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:95)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:70)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:94)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:437)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpProtocol.java:366)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception while invoking expression #{LoginBean.login}
at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:156)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:61)
… 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: nodeRef is a mandatory parameter
at org.alfresco.util.ParameterCheck.mandatory(ParameterCheck.java:48)
at org.alfresco.repo.node.db.DbNodeServiceImpl.exists(DbNodeServiceImpl.java:164)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor307.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:154)
at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.TransactionResourceInterceptor.invoke(TransactionResourceInterceptor.java:138)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)
at $Proxy59.exists(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.alfresco.repo.service.StoreRedirectorProxyFactory$RedirectorInvocationHandler.invoke(StoreRedirectorProxyFactory.java:221)
at $Proxy60.exists(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:187)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:154)
at org.alfresco.repo.node.MLPropertyInterceptor.invoke(MLPropertyInterceptor.java:211)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:80)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:49)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.auditImpl(AuditComponentImpl.java:256)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.audit(AuditComponentImpl.java:191)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:69)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)
at org.alfresco.web.bean.LoginBean.login(LoginBean.java:260)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:132)
… 29 more

Outcomes