AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom content model works fine 1.4 but error on 2.0 preview

Question asked by alexr on Jan 30, 2007
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2007 by alexr
On Alfresco 1.4 (Tomcat / Windows) I deployed a custom content model (let's call it blablaModel).

To implement this custom model I had to change/create the following files:

blablaModel.xml                      (comparable to exampleModel.xml)
web-client-config-custom.xml
example-model-context.xml    (based on the .sample file)

After stopping Tomcat these files where deployed in:

D:\alfresco\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension

After starting tomcat in Alfresco version 1.4 the custom model is available
at import. I can fill in custom properties and everything works fine (also the custom search).

Now when I deploy the same files in the same directory structure for Alfresco 2.0 preview (also Tomcat/Windows version) the following happens.

Alfresco starts correctly. Login no problem.
Now when I want to import a file while selecting the content type to be of blablaModel type. After it mentions that the file is uploaded, but before you normaly go to filling in your properties/attributes on the content Alfresco gives the following error and I can't go to the next screen to fill in the custom attributes of the document as defined in blablaModel.xml.
The error is thrown in the "Modify Content Dialog" pane, before one get a chance to next to " Modify Content Properties".

The error is:

Please correct the errors below then click OK.
    * A system error happened during the operation: Transaction didn't commit: Integrity failure

What can be the problem. Has the content type definition changed from version 1.4 to version 2.0 and if so where can I find documentation on this.

Please help

Kind regards,

Alex

Outcomes