AnsweredAssumed Answered

Defining new roles

Question asked by doblek on Jan 30, 2007
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 by rupanjal
Hi all,

I'm trying to define some new roles in Alfresco, so I headed to permissionDefinitions.xml in model folder and added a new role (since I think this file can't be extended with a permissionDefinitions-custom.xml placed at extension folder) called "Deleter", just this way:

<permissionSet type="cm:cmobject" expose="selected">
          […]
          <permissionGroup name="Deleter" allowFullControl="false" expose="true" >
                    <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="Read" type="sys:base" />
                    <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="Delete" type="sys:base" />
          </permissionGroup>
</permissionSet>

<permissionSet type="cm:content" expose="selected">
          <permissionGroup name="Coordinator" extends="true" expose="true"/>
          <permissionGroup name="Collaborator" extends="true" expose="true"/>
          <permissionGroup name="Contributor" extends="true" expose="true"/>
          <permissionGroup name="Editor" extends="true" expose="true"/>
          <permissionGroup name="Consumer" extends="true" expose="true"/>
          <permissionGroup name="Deleter" extends="true" expose="true">
</permissionSet>

After re-starting the server, I've tried to invite a user to other user's space and give him the "Deleter" role…
In the "Invite Users Wizard" I see the role name between this characters '$$'; that is to say, I see: $$Deleter$$
And I can't assign this role to any user (click on 'Add to list' leads to no action)  :?

What I've done wrong?? How can I add new roles to Alfresco's model??
What does "exposed" supposed to mean?

I've another question that might be some kind of stupid, but I would like to get it right… Roles are just sets of permissions that cannot be used as authorities, right?
If I want to grant access to a folder to all users that are defined as 'Contributors', I should create a group containing all those users who have this role and grant access to that group, shouldn't I?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Enrique

PD: sorry for my bad English

Outcomes