AnsweredAssumed Answered

Failed audit exception

Question asked by mrudmann on Feb 1, 2007
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 by meenakshipmv
I am running Alfresco 1.4 with Tomcat and MySQL.

I activated the audit feature and am now Alfresco is acting strange for non admin users such that it won't permit these users to access areas of Alfresco which they should definitely be able to do so  (like My Alfresco, etc.)

Upon looking in the catalina.out log file, I now see that there is some type of permissions problem.  Non admin users are creating exception dumps in the log file and there is an accompanying message indication "Accessdeniedexception" etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

—————— part of the log file is shown below ——————

here is another exception that is thrown in the log file…

INFO: Server startup in 56614 ms
16:02:27,718 ERROR [[localhost].[/alfresco].[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditException: Failed to audit exception
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.auditImpl(AuditComponentImpl.java:229)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.audit(AuditComponentImpl.java:156)
        at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:61)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)

…some more of the log file…

Caused by: org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: Access Denied.  You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation

Outcomes