AnsweredAssumed Answered

error while managing groups

Question asked by lennaart.dewulf on Mar 5, 2007
Latest reply on May 22, 2007 by useeliger
Hi,

I'm running Alfresco 2.0 on Tomcat and have a problem when I want to manage some user groups.

I created 6 different groups and with some of them I have problems when I want to add users to that group or when I want to delete that group.
This is the error I receive when I want to add users to the group or when I want to delete it:

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception while invoking expression #{GroupsBean.setupGroupAction}
caused by:
org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.UnknownAuthorityException: An authority was not found for GROUP_finance

Hide Details

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception while invoking expression #{GroupsBean.setupGroupAction}
at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:153)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:86)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:90)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:164)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:316)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.AdminAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AdminAuthenticationFilter.java:80)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.UnknownAuthorityException: An authority was not found for GROUP_finance
at org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.AuthorityDAOImpl.getContainedAuthorities(AuthorityDAOImpl.java:213)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.authority.AuthorityServiceImpl.getContainedAuthorities(AuthorityServiceImpl.java:212)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:335)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:181)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:148)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:116)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)
at net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:80)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:170)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.impl.ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionTranslatorMethodInterceptor.java:49)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.auditImpl(AuditComponentImpl.java:219)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditComponentImpl.audit(AuditComponentImpl.java:165)
at org.alfresco.repo.audit.AuditMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuditMethodInterceptor.java:69)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:176)
at $Proxy19.getContainedAuthorities(Unknown Source)
at org.alfresco.web.bean.GroupsBean.setActionGroup(GroupsBean.java:290)
at org.alfresco.web.bean.GroupsBean.setupGroupAction(GroupsBean.java:625)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:129)

The strange thing is that I don't receive this error on all the groups.
I tried to make new groups and on some of them I also receive this error while others work like they should.

Has anyone an idea what is causing this error and how I can solve this?

Thanks

Outcomes