AnsweredAssumed Answered

Repository Merging

Question asked by jarrodwl on Jun 9, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2008 by pmonks
Hi guys.
I'm new to Alfresco and I'm very impressed with what I've seen to date, excellent work!!!

My question:
I'm currently evaluating many CMS' and one requirement I have is a means for supporting both a "Production CMS" and "Project(s) CMS". 

- The "Production CMS" environment will support the daily/hourly movement of files to the production servers.
- The "Project CMS" environment(s) will support projects that intend on deploying to Production run-time in the future (think holiday campaigns as an example of project).  From my perspective these environments could start as branches of production (created at a particular point in time), these branches would be coded on then merged back into "Production CMS" when there ready.

I see Alfresco being able to manage the "Production CMS Environment" through the use of "User Sandboxes" workflowing to "Staging Sandbox" then files being pushed to our Production run-time with FSR.  However, I don't see how Alfresco can meet our other requirement of a "Project CMS environment"  I haven't seen a mechanism for merging or branching repositories.

How are others in the wild accomplishing this task?

Thanks everyone,

Jarrod

Outcomes