AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multimedia content management

Question asked by macgyver on Jun 11, 2008
I'm in the process of developing a multimedia application for a custom system which requires a content management framework backend. For this I'm looking at several systems that are JSR170 compliant. Alfresco is one of these systems, but I have a few questions the community might be able to answer.

First, my application requires several different types of content, ranging from text to images in various formats to movies in various formats. I not only need to store these, but also a converted copy of these media items. Is it possible to "link" these items in Alfresco out of the box, or would that require a customisation on my part?

Second, I know that Alfresco has "image management" out of the box, in a range of formats. Is it easy to extend the supported formats or would this require some serious hacking of existing code?

Thirdly, I have not been able to find any reference that Alfresco even supports movie clips. Could anyone shed some light on this? Is there a limit to the kind of content I can use Alfresco with?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions.

Outcomes