AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to install Alfresco on Apache+Tomcat?

Question asked by jcannon on Jun 11, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 by jcannon
Hi guys,

I have developed and deployed a few web applications successfully using Apache 2 + modjk + Tomcat 5.5.9 on a Windows XP box. The Tomcat root directory is c:\Tomcat.

I decided to give Alfresco a try and hence I downloaded Alfresco Community Tomcat 2.9.0B zip file and unzipped it. Found the alfresco.war and deployed it in c:\Tomcat\webapps directory. When I restarted Tomcat, the WAR file (alfresco.war) got extracted into a folder named alfresco (c:\Tomcat\webapps\alfresco) as expected.  However, it also simultaneously crashes Tomcat! I get a bunch of errors in the log files…

I probably need to tweak some of the .properties or .xml files in c:\Tomcat\webapps\alfresco directory. I would like to try it out with HSQLDB that I presume Alfresco comes with. So I haven't installed MySQL on my Windows XP box. Can anyone please guide me in this pursuit?

Thanks,
Joe

[org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] : Error listenerStart
[org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] : Context [/alfresco] startup failed due to previous errors

[localhost].[/alfresco]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener

java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
   at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:156)
   at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:284)…

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'luceneFullTextSearchIndexer' defined in class path resource [alfresco/core-services-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'indexerAndSearcherFactory' while setting bean property 'indexerAndSearcherFactory';..

Outcomes