AnsweredAssumed Answered

FacesContext bug?

Question asked by char on Jun 18, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 by amarendra.thakur
Hello,

my environment:
1) Started Jboss 4.2.2 with Alfresco
2) Started other JBoss 4.2.2 with Web application, which tries to invoke the repository-service of alfresco.

I get an exception here:
18:10:34,648 ERROR [[downloadContent]] Servlet.service() para servlet downloadContent lanzó excepción
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: FacesContext must not be null
        at org.springframework.util.Assert.notNull(Assert.java:113)
        at org.springframework.web.jsf.FacesContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext(FacesContextUtils.java:50)
        at org.springframework.web.jsf.FacesContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(FacesContextUtils.java:81)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.repository.Repository.getServiceRegistry(Repository.java:435)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.repository.Preferences.getNodeService(Preferences.java:107)
        at org.alfresco.web.bean.repository.Preferences.getValue(Preferences.java:79)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.Application.getLanguage(Application.java:622)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.AuthenticationHelper.authenticate(AuthenticationHelper.java:334)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.BaseServlet.servletAuthenticate(BaseServlet.java:137)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.BaseServlet.servletAuthenticate(BaseServlet.java:117)
        at org.alfresco.web.app.servlet.DownloadContentServlet.doGet(DownloadContentServlet.java:100)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)

The workaround is to start the alfresco web-client before invoking the remote service. But this is not what i would like our clients to do everytime they reboot the servers….

I found a connection to this bug report: https://issues.alfresco.com/browse/ALFCOM-979%3bjsessionid=50379F217B349652FF4776C510444E55?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

And downloaded the nightly build SDK 3.0 to exchange the webservice-client.jar of my web-application, but the bug still appears.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

Outcomes