AnsweredAssumed Answered

RMI and firewall

Question asked by mvlach on Jun 24, 2008
Hi all,

I have problem with the correct settings of the firewall ports. I'm working in the bank environment  and there is not possible to open all port. I would like to know how the RMI in alfresco works.

Server A is server with editor access. Server B is server to deploy - this server consume the data from the server A.

A —————–> B

I would like to know, how to set the alfresco and how ports to open.

In documentation I have found, that port 50500 and 44100 are used. But they are not enought. I look in the communication and after some traffic (after some packet are sent) the port is randomly (for me) set and the communication gets on the randomly generated port. I can solve this for Alfresco File Reciever strategy. But I don't know, how to correctly set the port for the Alfresco to Server deployment.

Now, in my test environment I can't simulate deployment because of the error:

org.alfresco.service.cmr.avm.AVMException: Could not Initialize Remote Connection to 192.168.220.128
[code]

But the nested exception is:

[code]
Caused by: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteConnectFailureException: Cannot connect to remote service [rmi://192.168.220.128:50500/authentication]; nested exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.1.1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Opss, where is the 127.0.1.1 address typed ?

Know somebody how to solve this problem ?

Thanks, Mila

Outcomes