AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sybase configuration troubles

Question asked by kirillka on Apr 3, 2007
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2007 by derek
Hi,

I have created a new Sybase db to work with my alfresco install (out of the box war 2.0.0 deployed into tomcat 5.5), modified the db properties to connect to this particular database and to use the Sybase dialect of Hibernate, and I get the following errors:

11:07:51,986 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Statement execution failed:
   SQL:  create table alf_access_control_entry ( id numeric(19,0) identity not null, acl_id numeric(19,0) not null, permission_id numeric(19,0) not null, authority_id text not null, allowed tinyint not null, primary key (id), unique (acl_id, permission_id, authority_id) )
   Error: Column 'authority_id' – Can't create index on a column of TEXT or IMAGE data type.

File: /var/tmp/kuula/kirilllnx.sc.9001/temp/Alfresco/AlfrescoSchemaCreate-org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.dialect.AlfrescoSybaseAnywhereDialect-29843.sql
   Line: 393
11:07:52,029 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed

Here's the version of Sybase i am running:

Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 13400 ESD#6 ONE-OFF/P/Linux Intel/Enterprise Linux/ase1253/1947/32-bit/OPT/Mon Mar  6 20:22:17 2006

So it looks to me that the Hibernate dialect is generating the invalid T-SQL for my Sybase database. Please help!

Thanks, Kirill

Outcomes