AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with press-release tutorial creating repeated item

Question asked by ispeak on Jul 8, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 by steventux
I followed the alfresco wcm evaluation guide in creating web forms and a web project. I was able to successfuly create the project but encountered problems when I tried to create a new content for the press-release.

I first used IE 7 to create the content and the problem I encountered was I could not select the radio button for the "Include Company Footer" part. When I tried to use firefox thinking that the error might be caused by a browser error, I encountered a different problem. In firefox, I could select the radio button but I couldn't add a repeating item (i.e. body or include company footer section - the guide specified that two company footers should be included in the xml file).

The alfresco log showed this error when I tried creating the content in ie : ERROR [alfresco.ajax] Failed to execute method XFormsBean.setRepeatIndeces: Exception in Transaction. org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Exception in Transaction.

And it showed this other error when I tried the firefox browser to create the content: ERROR [alfresco.ajax] Failed to execute method XFormsBean.fireAction: Exception in Transaction. org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Exception in Transaction.

Can somebody help me debug this particular problem? I'm using the Alfresco Community Network 2.9.0B and Alfresco WCM Community 2.9.0B versions.
Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!  :D

I tested the create content in four different browsers all with the same results: ie7, ie6, firefox 2 and firefox 3.

Outcomes