AnsweredAssumed Answered

Customize Web Client (Permission and Exception)

Question asked by mhilaire on Jul 9, 2008
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2008 by mhilaire
Hi,

I made my own permission with a new content model. Each type of my model will be be visible according to the permission in the Web Client. Then I made new policy, but i've got 3 problems in my web client :

1-Is it possible to hide the possibility to create a type of my model in the content wizard for a user who haven't the permission to create, without develop a new content wizard, just by editing the web client config ?

2-My own permission aren't translate in the web client, i find an extract of code in the wiki but it didn't work …

Here my code in the context file :
<bean  id="permission-messages" class="org.alfresco.i18n.ResourceBundleBootstrapComponent">
        <property name="resourceBundles">
            <list>
                <value>alfresco/messages/irkb-labels</value>
            </list>
        </property>

</bean>

where "alfresco/messages/irkb-labels" is the path of my language file in the config folder in my amp (irkb-labels.properties). (i tried with "alfresco.messages.irkb-labels" but it didn't work too.)

Here my file of language :

IRKB_Reader=Lecteur IRKB
IRKB_Publisher=Editeur IRKB

Here my file of permission :

<permissionSet type="irkb:Faq" expose="selected" >
       <permissionGroup name="IRKB_Reader" allowFullControl="false" expose="true" requiresType="true">
          <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="Read" type="sys:base"/>
            </permissionGroup>
       <permissionGroup name="IRKB_Publisher" allowFullControl="true" expose="true" requiresType="true">
          <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="Coordinator" type="cm:cmobject"/>
            </permissionGroup>

</permissionSet>

So i would like to display in the web client the translate of "IRKB_Reader" and "IRKB_Publisher"

3-Last problem, i made my own policy which throw my own exception class (extend RunTime Exception) , which contain an error message but this message is only display in the tomcat terminal but not in the web client. How is it possible to display it ?

Thank you for your answer.

Outcomes