AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multi-Select Checkbox Property

Question asked by howejr77 on Jul 10, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 by jetty
Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom aspect containing a property which I will tie to a multi-select set of checkboxes. I'm looking for a dynamic way to generate the contents for the checkboxes. In my searches so far, the most concrete way I've seen to do something like this appears to be to define a constraint in the model and place the constraint on aspect property. I assume then I could just specify the CheckboxGenerator as my component-generator in web-client-config-custom. This will really not allow me to be dynamic though.

What I would really like to do is be able to pull the different values for the checkboxes from a database table (and am open to putting them in the alfresco database, if possible/allowed or another database). I'm looking at the component generator framework but don't really understand from the documentation on how you actually get your data into it? Should I be looking at writing something that extends CheckboxGenerator? Is there a way for me to use CheckBoxGenerator and pass it the data? Is there a way for me to configure some new bean that really utilizes CheckboxGenerator but allows me to define the content in an XML file (I might be open to this as a place to store the content instead of a database table, if the database is significantly more effort).

Would really appreciate any suggestions…

Thanks
Ryan

Outcomes